Monday, December 12, 2011

Shandong Noodles



To be honest, I'm not sure what authentic Shandong noodles are supposed to taste like. I found a 5lb box of dried Shandong noodles for $5 at my local Asian grocer so I decided to try it.



Ingredients

Shandong Noodles, cooked in boiling water then drained
(Leftover) baked chicken, shredded
4 dried Shitake Mushrooms (rehydrated in hot water and julienned)
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
1 piece of ginger, peeled and julienned

Salt, black bean sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry), sesame oil, garlic powder to taste

Cilantro (for garnish)

Method

In a hot pan, add a little oil. Add ginger then black bean sauce and stir fry until fragrant. Add mushrooms, carrots and chicken and fry until cooked. Add noodles. Add seasonings to taste.

Garnish with cilantro. Serve with Sriracha sauce (optional)

Note: Adding bean sprouts will go well with this dish. Since I didn't have any on hand, I omitted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment