Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Geezer and Cream


OK, so I haven't been posting as often as I'd like partly because I got a new job in customer service at a grocery chain. Anyway, this post is a little bit off my regular theme but I just wanted to rant about it.

Yesterday, a grouchy geezer came to the Service desk with a pint of cream. Rather, I should say he came with an EMPTY carton of cream. It was quite obvious when I took the carton from him. Why he even didn't bother to add some liquid to conceal his consumption is beyond me.

His story was, that his daughter bought the carton and when she came home, she realized that it was 1/4 empty. I apologized for the inconvenience and told him I would issue a full refund.

Why the carton was 100% empty is a mystery. While I was processing the refund, the geezer went on to gripe about how some employee must have opened it and drunk some then put it back on the shelf. Really? Why would anyone, employee or otherwise, drink heavy cream?

Not to mention, if you really believed that someone drank from the carton and put it back on the shelf, why the heck would you want to use any of the cream?? Ewwwww....

No comments:

Post a Comment